Second Trimester Fetal Anomaly (FA) Scan

Yesterday was my 19 weeks 2 days for my #2.

I did the screening in Raffles Hospital. The screening is mainly checking on Major fetal structural anomalies, soft tissue markers of chromosomal abnormalities, low-laying placenta, uterine artery waveforms, cervical length and etc.

From the structural scan, the result on skull, brain, face, lips, heart, lungs, abdominal, stomach, kidneys, bladder, genitalia, spine and limbs are normal.

Soft tissue markers, ie. Checking on the development of baby’s nasal bone is ok too.

After the checking we finally know we are having a baby girl ^_^, we already had a boy and now we are going to have girl just nice “好”.

In fact during my OSCAR test back in Jan 09, the gynae Dr. Tony Tan who performed the OSCAR check for me told me that although he is not able to see the lower part of my baby, but he told us there was 80% chance to have a baby girl, but he also add on, not to buy pink clothes just in case…..

Anyway, after gotten the result for the FA scan, is a big relief to me, because when I had my first trimester screening (FTS) also known as OSCAR, I was having a borderline result of 1:326 for Trisomy 21. The OSCAR scan was done in 30th Jan 2009, imagine for the pass seven month from end Jan till yesterday, I been kept worrying for my baby …..

I wish every Aug 09 mummies also have a good result for their FA scan, and most importantly all having a healthy baby ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renunciation of Malaysian Citizenship in High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore

Renewal of Malaysia international passport in the Malaysian High Commission, Singapore

Collection of Renunciation Certificate at Malaysia High Comm