20 cents issue!!



I think more or less I can confirm that the one of the staff from the fashion retailer has taken my credit card.

Why do I say that?

First, I visited the shop only on 12th Oct made one purchase with that merchant of S$35.00. Yet my credit card statement reflected two lines of transactions as follows:

12th Oct CXXXXXXX Singapore S$35.00

14th Oct CXXXXXXX Singapore S$ 0.20

14th Oct, I called my card centre and reported loss card. I only aware of this 20 cents transaction on 20th Oct upon receiving of my credit card statement.

Before I made this statement, I actually thought of :

Scenario A

I may have forgotten to take back my credit card after I paid for my original purchase dated on 12 Oct of S$35/-. Two days later, the staff there who held my card was trying to test whether my credit card is still valid or not, and they just try to deduct a 20 cents from my card. (This is the only reason I can explain why my Credit Card statement is showing additional line of transaction dated 14 Oct of S$0.20)

Or maybe

Scenario B


I dropped my Credit card after I made my purchase.

But I would rule out Scenario B is because,


if someone really picked up my card, what a coincide she return back to the same shop that I had visited two days ago!!

that day when I visited that shop the lowest value item was S$5.00.

if that person who picked up my card really go back the same shop that I had visited, do you think any merchant accept any purchase of S$0.20 item by Credit Card? (anyway, I had confirmed with the merchant on yesterday that, the minimum amount able to pay by VISA card is S$5.00.)

I don’t think without my card, the fashion retailer’s staff able to perform any transaction.

So I suspect that the staff there just wanted to try whether my credit card is valid or not by key in a 20 cents item, and the transaction went thru….


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renunciation of Malaysian Citizenship in High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore

Renewal of Malaysia international passport in the Malaysian High Commission, Singapore

Collection of Renunciation Certificate at Malaysia High Comm